9th Annual Bearcat Pull for Special Olympics
Sunday, September 21, 2014
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m., event begins promptly at 9:00 a.m.
Veteran’s Memorial Park, 3105 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista, AZ
DJ Services Provided by: Urban Entertainment
This year’s challenge will involve SVPD’s 18,500 LENCO Bearcat. A rope will be attached and each team will be required to pull the apparatus 25 feet! Each team is allowed two pulls. The team that pulls the Bearcat in the fastest time in each category wins.
Trophies will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category.
AN ADDITIONAL TROPHY WILL BE GIVEN TO THE TEAM (OR INDIVIDUAL) THAT RAISES or DONATES THE MOST MONEY ABOVE THE REGISTRATION FEE.
LOGISTICS ON PULL:
There will be four team categories:
IRONMAN – 5 members
Male – up to 8 members
Female – up to 10 members
Co-Ed – 5 members of one gender and 4 of the other gender
DO THE TEAM MEMBERS HAVE TO PAY THE FEE?
Teams can pay the registration fees in several different ways: Teams can have the members pay, teams can find a sponsor, or conduct fundraisers to raise the money.
All of the proceeds of this event benefit Special Olympics and are 100% tax deductible.
Early Registration: $20.00 per person.*
* All teams that register prior to September 1, 2014 will receive t-shirts for team members as part of the registration fee.
DAY OF EVENT:
Teams are welcome to register the day of the event between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. No t-shirts will be given to teams that register between September 1st and the day of the event, however, they MAY BE purchased the day of the event if available. (See details on back page)
- Each team cannot have any more members that what is authorized.
- No substitutions after registration unless approved by the committee.
- Registration is open to all who wish to participate.
- All participants are required to read and sign a waiver. Anyone who fails or refuses to sign a release will not be allowed to participate.
- The committee reserves the right to disqualify any participant(s) found under the influence of any drugs or alcohol. (Fees will be forfeited.)
- No firearms are allowed during this event.
- No alcohol will be allowed on the premises during the event.
- Registration fees are non-refundable. Any team that does not attend will forfeit their registration fee.
- All registrations must be paid and received no later than September 1, 2014 in order to receive the t-shirts.
- The committee has the final determination of winners in each category.
- The committee has the right to forfeit or not accept a registration from a team.