Want to learn more about the 2016 Zero Project Conference?
- Explore the 2016 Innovative Practices, Innovative Policies and Social Indicators in more depth.
- Download all factsheets
- Download the entire Zero Project Report 2016 - read it, promote its content, spread it to those who could be interested!
- View the presentations
- View photos of all Awardees and other photos from the conference
- Like the Zero Project Facebook page
- Follow Zero Project on Twitter
- Learn more about the Zero Project Team
Mission and Vision Statements
The Zero Project
The Zero Project, an initiative of the Essl Foundation, focuses on the rights of persons with disabilities globally. It provides a platform where the most innovative and effective solutions to problems that persons with disabilities face, are shared. Its sole objective is to assist in creating a world without barriers.
Previous Projects include:
- 2013 – Employment
- 2014 – Accessibility
- 2015 – Independent Living & Political Participation
The Essl Foundation
The family chose to dedicate their lives to improving the social welfare of vulnerable populations. They chose to focus first on PWDs across the globe and ensuring that countries and country states are implementing the most vital articles in the UN CRPD.
As set out in its foundation charter, the Essl Foundation is dedicated to:
- supporting people in need;
- promoting public awareness about the necessity of helping those in need while providing the individuals concerned with the appropriate training; and
- working scientifically and supporting research
- Today, the focus of the Essl Foundation is:
- the Zero Project
- the Essl Social Prize, an award for outstanding social entrepreneurs
- supporting social innovation with a focus on persons with disabilities and job creation in Austria
- Sinnstifter: joint activities with other Austrian Foundations
- “Verband für Gemeinnütziges Stiften”: supporting philanthropy in Austria