Law Enforcement Torch Run Special Events Intern
Support Services Office, Phoenix, AZ
Director of Development
Part-time or Full-time
This is a part-time or full-time un-paid position which provides administrative and data entry support to the Development Department. Assist with, coordinate, outreach, organization, and implementation of fundraising and LETR events for Special Olympics Arizona.
The following examples are intended only as illustrations of the duties of the Special Events & LETR Intern. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude these tasks from the position if the work is similar, related to or logical assignments of the position.
- Support Special Events Coordinator and LETR Coordinator with administrative duties.
- Prepare all necessary reports and paperwork in timely and legible fashion (i.e. monthly expenses, PO’s, credit card statements, staff reports, entry forms, etc.)
- Data entry for all elements of Special Events and LETR, including but not limited to participant registration, athlete entry, meeting minutes, notes and conversations with law enforcement agencies, assembly and distribution of information to local programs, GMT members, committees and preparation of reports, forms, and other materials necessary for meetings utilizing the Raiser’s Edge software.
- Accurately update, edit and track deposit summaries and volunteer hours received from Finance Manager for LETR specific events and fundraisers on a weekly basis.
- Accurately update, edit and track donor information received from LETR Director and Coordinator on law enforcement personnel in Raiser’s Edge on a weekly basis.
- Track registration, payments and donations of all participants in all events throughout the state utilizing the Raiser’s Edge software.
- Assist in preparation of events, consistent with established standards, including event meals, preparation of contracts, and acquisition of needed supplies and equipment.
- Provides customer service to law enforcement personnel, event participants, volunteers, athletes, coaches and families pertaining Special Events and LETR.
- Manage and maintain records of athlete ‘Talent Search’ form and accordingly disseminates information to appropriate area personnel.
- Seek partnerships to enhance the Fundraising and LETR Events with resources and funding.
- Implement proper follow-up and thank you responses for all donors, sponsors, and committee support.
- Provide administrative support for Support Service office as determined by Supervisor
- Filing/copying/mailing as required.
- Adheres to SOI/SONA Risk Management polices/practices at all levels to protect SOAZ and prevent loss.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Passion for Special Olympics Arizona
Must pass Criminal and National Sex Offender Registry background screening. (Required for all staff)
In the process of completing or completed Bachelor’s degree in Event Management or related field or equivalent work experience.
Experience in data entry for non-profits or a related field and/or working individuals with Intellectual disabilities.
Basic computer applications. Previous experience working with events is a plus.
Strong organizational, ability to manage multiple projects and efficient time management, effective verbal and written communication skills, public speaking and customer service skills.
Part-time or Full-time positions located in Phoenix, Arizona available. This position’s work schedule will be determined by the demands of the position and can include 40+ hour work weeks, evenings and weekends, as well as extensive in-state travel. Flexible and long hours sometimes required however prior approval on overtime hours is required.
Physical Demands Include:
Standing, walking, climbing ladders, squatting, lifting through full range (must be able to lift a min of 25 lbs), working in confined spaces, working in extremes of heat, cold and inclement weather as well as working at heights above 6'. Moderate to heavy physical demands, will be required to load and unload trucks, and to lift equipment and other merchandise.
Must have own reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality, have a good driving history and must have valid AZ driver's license.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.