Join Special Olympics Arizona, the City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department, and community partners in the second Unified Hiking Event as part of SOAZ's Unified Hiking Program! We look forward to a fun-filled day of hiking, games, prizes, crafts, snacks, and community. Athletes, friends, and family are all welcome to this FREE event! Merchandise and hiking pins available for purchase on site.
Register here: https://give.classy.org/unifiedhikingphoenix
Volunteer Here: http://cerv.is/m?0345x125
Hiking Participants must:
- Be able to tolerate three hours of sun exposure
- Be able to navigate uneven terrain including dirt and gravel
- Wear appropriate hiking gear including, but not limited to: hiking shoes (boots, gym shoes, hiking sandals) and sunscreen
- We encourage wearing sun protective clothing such as sun hats
* SOAZ cannot provide one-on-one care for this event
* SOAZ is not responsible for any injuries that may occur
* Papago Park 5K Fitness Trail is 3.1 miles and is not certified ADA accessible. Individuals of all abilities are encouraged to come to the event, even if they cannot hike.