7150 West Roosevelt Street
Vice President, Programs & Operations
Entry Level: Based on education and experience
This full time, non-exempt position provides administrative support to all SOAZ departments by managing the development, evaluation, and dissemination of documentation & program-related materials; implementing various strategies to strengthen internal & external communication systems; and expanding digital information sharing capacity. Additionally, this position supports the Programs department by carrying out administrative tasks as determined by the VP, Programs & Operations improve coordination & ensure the functionality of SOAZ’s activities.
The following examples are intended only as illustrations of the duties of this position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude these tasks from the position if the work is similar, related to or logical assignments of the position:
Documentation Management; SOAZ Programs to include: Unified Champion Schools, Athlete Leadership, Health, Volunteers, LETR, special events, competition support and other program initiatives:
- Offer support to all teams in the design, editing, rollout, and maintenance of documentation & program-related collateral (resource materials, presentations, reports, signage, templates, etc.) for a range of audiences and contexts
- Review policies, operating procedures, work instructions, and other internal forms for format consistency & train staff on document control policies & procedures
- Conduct ongoing review of documents & written external communication/resources to ensure consistency in formatting & messaging as well as compliance with branding & language guidelines
- Schedule, track, and provide support materials for meetings and project events
- Liaise with other departments and vendors to obtain and update project information or materials
- Communicate about each project's status within the programs department to senior leadership & staff
- Coordinate & facilitate online webinars & virtual meetings as needed for all SOAZ departments
- Maintain an internal collection of photos, graphics, icons, infographics, video clips, etc. to use in various digital content
- Develop, organize, and maintain online library of resources on SOAZ website to ensure efficient delivery of accurate materials & resources to all SOAZ constituents
- Support VP, Programs & Operations with administrative duties including, but not limited to: preparation of presentation materials; meeting agenda creation, follow-up reporting, development of internal improvement processes, etc.
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the organization’s activities
- Assist programs staff with grant reporting and fulfillment as needed to ensure outcomes are met, funds are expended appropriately, and final reports are completed by internal deadlines agreed upon by senior leadership
- Update spreadsheets, databases, and other tracking inventories with statistical, financial and non-financial information as needed for all SOAZ departments
- Attend relevant SONA webinar & trainings (as assigned by supervisor) and disseminate information to appropriate staff
- Facilitate & manage data collection processes for the annual census, grant reports, and other assigned projects
- Prepare all necessary reports and paperwork in a timely and legible fashion (i.e. purchase orders, credit card reconciliation, staff reports, entry forms, grant reports, in-kind donation tracking, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with Special Olympics guidelines, policies and standards, SOI General Rules, and adheres to SOI/SONA Risk Management polices/practices at all levels to protect SOAZ and prevent loss.
- Passion for Special Olympics Arizona
- Screening: Must pass Criminal and National Sex Offender Registry background screening. (Required for all staff)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred in communications, administration, nonprofit, recreation management, or related field.
- Experience: Minimum of one-year experience in communications, graphic design, sports management, or related field required. Experience in collaborative/team-based work and strategic/creative thinking required. Experience in managing budgets, managing interns and public speaking preferred.
- Knowledge: Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop); excellence in all Microsoft Office Applications; data entry. Presentation design, visual communications collateral creation, and website management a plus
- Skills: Creative problem-solver with an eye for good design; strong writing and copy-editing skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Excellent organization and time management skills, including ability to juggle multiple tasks and respond rapidly to new initiatives and competing priorities. Detail oriented, self-motivated and comfortable working in a small, collaborative team environment. Strong organizational, public speaking and customer service skills also required.
- Physical Demands Include: Standing, walking, climbing ladders, squatting, lifting through full range (must be able to lift a min of 25 lbs), working in confined spaces, working in extremes of heat, cold and inclement weather as well as working at heights above 6'. Moderate to heavy physical demands, will be required to load and unload trucks, and to lift equipment and other merchandise.
- Transportation: Must have own reliable transportation, a valid AZ driver’s license, a good deriving history, and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality,
- Work Schedule: This position’s work schedule will be determined by the demands of the position and is limited to a 40 hour work week including evenings, weekends, and some in-state travel. Overtime must be previously authorized by supervisor and will be paid whether approved or not. Unapproved overtime will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- MISSION: The mission of Special Olympics Arizona is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with cognitive disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.